Saturday, January 18, 2014

How's Your Path?

I was reading this morning in Luke. "Strive to enter through the narrow door; for many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able."  Luke 13:24
I started thinking about the ebb and flow of life, and the mountain top experiences and days in dark valleys.  (You have a lot of time to think while shoveling snow!)

It caused me to consider my own life as it related to my outdoor activity this morning!


Storm after storm has loaded the pathway with snow.  Eventually, we were walking on top of what nature placed on the pathway.  It was slippery and difficult. Each new storm made it more challenging and the path became choked with snow, making some places very narrow and hard to get through. Then we had the Chinook come through this week- AH, a season of ease and warmth (no comment on if we liked this or not) and everything seemed easier. And it provided the opportunity and time to clear the pathway again, make it passable and easier for future use.

It made me think of the times in life when our clear pathway and journey with God can become blocked, or at least crowded with things that life (nature) places in our way. Just like our sidewalk, it can become hard to travel the pathway with God because of what we have to navigate through. It takes effort to keep that pathway clear and passage open. I am so thankful that God always seems to provide the seasons when it is possible to clear the walkway to our relationship with Him, and remove all those things that clog that path.  

How's your path?

No comments:

Post a Comment