Saturday, December 15, 2012

What can you say?


I have had children this age, and they attended school.  I have grandchildren this age. I have stood at a school intercom and given announcements as the principal. I have worked with teachers and staff that love their students. And I have also grieved a tragic and violent loss of a student.

This was not my school or my community. Nevertheless, my heart is heavy. Tears easily flood my eyes as I think and pray for the people of Newtown. Those dedicated adults. The innocent children, and all those affected all over the world, connected not only by "6 degrees" but by the love of God, by hearts of compassion and a love for what is fit and good and pure. And like all of you, I too shake my head. The grief and loss is incomprehensible. There is no way to make sense of this. They cando all the research, and gather evidence, and still the questions will remain....."Why!"  

So I go to the Word, and to the Creator. And the Truth is that God's heart was grieved. He also weeps for the pain and loss and hurt and senseless waste of the most precious gift- life. This one thing I know. He will work through this. He loved these people more than we. And He loves those in pain and agony, loss and grief. And so I also come to Him and say, "Father, change our world. Change the hearts of those who are so lost that they would harm others in their pain and sinfulness. Comfort, love, and bring what only You know is needed."
 This link shares excellent thoughts about this tragedy.

http://www.desiringgod.org/blog/posts/how-does-jesus-come-to-newtown

2 comments: